Help needed! Could you be our next intern/research assistant?
24 January 2020 Dee Halligan
We’re looking for a motivated all-rounder, an intern/first jobber to join our team and support us as a studio assistant and researcher in our Brixton creative studio. You’ll be working closely within our small team to support our work on exciting place-based social and cultural projects which cross learning, retail, museums, community, workspace and more, for national and international clients. Read all about it here, get in touch or share it to anyone you know (no agencies)!
Length: 3 month contract, with possibility to extend (see below)
Pay: London Living Wage (currently £10.75 p/h)
Location: Brixton, London
Hours: Full time, part time considered
Application deadline: Rolling until position filled
We’re looking for an all rounder who wants to make their first steps into working in the creative sector. Every day is different but might include:
- Research into innovation in programmes, formats and models across a wide range of sectors
- Research into audiences, communities and cultures
- Participation in creative development and client work
- Assisting the Directors with presentations and proposals
- Assisting in management of social media accounts and website
- Picking up the type of general admin and ad-hoc duties which come with any small creative studio environment
- Solid research and writing skills
- Basic everyday software skills (word processing, spreadsheet and presentation) essential; desktop publishing, image editing and WordPress of interest
- An organised and logical mind; your curiosity and care about the changing world is combined with an applied, analytical interest in emerging creative responses
What we offer
- You’ll get to work on real projects and earn London Living wage (currently £10.75 p/h).
- You’ll report to a Director who’ll support and mentor you, and oversee your work.
- You’ll have lots of opportunities for development – including the chance to meet people and build your knowledge of the creative sector
- You’ll gain insight into how a small creative studio works and leave your internship with some great connections and experience.
- You’ll be based in a friendly creative hub with other small companies and organisations.
- This is not a permanent role; previous internships have lasted between 3 and 6 months and we can be flexible on duration.
- Part time possible to fit with other commitments; minimum availability of a 3 day week up to a full 5 day week.
- Start date as soon as the right candidate is available.
To apply for this role, tell us who you are, what you’re interested in and share something you’ve done to [email protected].
About From Now On
From Now On is a consultancy concerned with developing creative responses to a changing world. We’re involved in innovating programmes and propositions for a non-traditional mix of cultural, retail, technology and property developer clients. We also run a non-profit learning ‘think-and-do tank’ called FixEd.
We’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. This means acting fairly and preventing discrimination on the grounds of sex, gender, race, marital status, age, sexual orientation or religion including in this appointment.
WHAT WE DO
We’ve curated exhibitions, delivered activity programmes and publications, and shaped the purpose and identity of the organisations and institutions that house them.
Facing uncertain futures, we’ve been speculating about cities and high streets, museums and shops, communities, work and education.
We’ve designed workshops and facilitated conversations, enabling big, complex and/or diverse groups of people articulate and shape their ideas
We create tools, formats and programmes, that motivate and inspire learners to unlock their potential and shift their horizons